STUDY IN UK
We would like to share some information regarding facilities available with School of Engineering at UCLan that could be useful for you.
ENGINEERING / CNC WORKSHOPS
UCLan believes in giving students genuine hands on experience using the latest equipment. Most engineering equipment is therefore concentrated in the main student workshop.
This main workshop allows students to gain real understanding and appreciation of the design and manufacturing process. In the process students will also gain a variety of practical manufacturing skills. The introduction of CNC equipment in this facility opens up opportunities for rapid manufacture of components from a range of materials for use with student project work from a range of disciplines and for use in the curriculum for engineering students. In addition this gives the facility modern, industry standard technology with which to support local industry for engineering innovation projects.
A section of the main workshop includes some recently purchased high quality machines with features such as 5/6 axis machining and Windows based 3D colour operating systems including ‘conversational’ software options. These machines are available to support student demonstrations, hands-on student practical sessions and staff machining to support student project work, research activities and income generation work.
Key Equipments available
- 3no. XYZ SMX2500 3 axis CNC/manual milling machines
- 1no. XYZ SMX4000 3 axis CNC/manual milling machine
- 3no. XYZ SLX1630 CNC/manual Lathes
- 1no. XYZ SLX425 CNC/manual Lathe
- 1no. XYZ SLX355 CNC/manual Lathe
- Okuma Genos L200E – MY CNC lathe
- HAAS VF 2SS 3/5 axis vertical CNC machining centre
- MAKA MK7 5 axis full sheet CNC router
- Mazak Space Gear U44 5 axis half sheet laser cutter with rotary chuck for tubing
- Omax-Maxiem 1515 5 axis half sheet waterjet cutter
- Adira BB2512 Press brake
- Surface/cylindrical grinders
- Pillars drills
- Radial arm drill
- Grinding wheels and polishing disks
- Mechanical guillotine
- MIG/TIG/Oxyacetylene welding
- Spot welder
- Sheet metal rollers/benders
- Bead blasting cabinet
- Various hand tools
- FARO Edge and Prime co-ordinate measurement/scanning arms
Feel free to send me any question you may have ..
Admissions are open for July 2017 intake for maximum all countries.
For admission please send your documents at email@example.com
For inquiry please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
But business associations please contact at email@example.com